Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Message from Marg(e) Bufton Bandre '58

The luncheon invitation ---which I must regretfully decline again---arrived here yesterday along with the “Founding of Gamma Chapter of Theta Phi which was filled with facts I either never heard before or have forgotten in the 55 years since I was an active member.
 
The last time I drove through New Paltz I was saddened to see that our house is no longer ours. I have so many memories of that house and the girls who lived there.  I  was also completely lost when I tried to find my way around the campus! The campus I knew is long gone and todays students might laugh at what we thought was quite adequate. (It was good to see Women’s Hall gone. It was not adequate!)
 
I appreciate the time you and others spend to keep the Theta Phi BlogSpot up and running. My class of 1958 started a chain letter which never even got all the way around.  Because I moved away, I quickly lost touch with many good friends.  I deeply regret not being able to get to our 50th reunion---New Paltz is a long way from Kansas City!
 
So, thanks for keeping me in touch with Theta Phi, and for bringing back some memories.
 
Margaret (Marge Bufton) Bandre ‘58

No comments: