Wednesday, January 15, 2020

We Mourn the Passing of Laura Siracusano Dudek

It is with great sadness that I share the news of the passing of my first roommate, my dear friend, and our very special Theta sister, Laura Siracusano Dudek. Laura was the strongest woman I have ever known. She endured so many trials in her life, but always faced them with courage and a smile, and was always strong and positive. I'm so sad that this last battle was her final one. May her wonderful husband, Tom, and her devoted sister, Louise, and all who knew and loved Laura find comfort in wonderful memories.
- Pook Siprin Bellini
Lau' dubbed me "Pookie" (after a character on the Soupy Sales show) during our first semester at New Paltz.  That name has stuck with me all these years and will forever remind me of our long and special friendship.


 Tom Dudek
164 Meadow Road
Chester, VT 05143

7 comments:

Maryann Corrado Risi said...

Laura was my Big Sister. I will never forget how much fun we shared during my pledging. (...and my moose antlers!) She was the sweetest, most caring Theta Sister I knew. Condolences to her family and to our Theta family. We share a terrible loss.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear friend.

Pook said...

Please be sure to leave your name with your comments. Thanks!

Pook said...

I am very sorry to hear about Laura’s passing. She was an important member of Theta. I am especially sad for your loss. I never knew where “Pookie” came from.
- Pat Withers

Unknown said...

Pook, you said so eloquently. Laura was a unique lady, obvious from her entire time in Theta. She was such a strong women with great depth and an infectious personality. Always smiling, lots of laughter. and she cared for all. That was Laura and how she lived her life which was frequently not easy or simple. She overcame and overcame and overcame.

My heart is broken and what is left is how privileged I have been to know Laura and to witness how life should be led. What a legacy. Its just not fair it didn't last longer. She gave so much to so many.

Olga Vezeris

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear! Memories will be in our hearts. Rosanne Senatore Adams

Unknown said...

I never knew Laura (I graduated in '66), but I send warm, healing hugs to those who have suffered the loss of a dear friend. As we come to terms with our own mortality, we try to find ways to make our lives meaningful, and we celebrate the lives of beloved people we've lost. From what I've read, Laura's life was filled with love, dignity and human connection. May your hearts heal as you recall the beautiful times shared with her, and may Laura's memory forever be a blessing.
Nina Lazar