Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nina Friedman Lazar

Looks like it's time for me to check in and say, 'Hi.' I was at the luncheon last month, and had a wonderful time! The weather was lovely, and the autumn smells brought me back to the good old days.

Two of our six kids graduated from New Paltz, so I've been around quite a bit over the years. I also held a post that was created (but then eliminated soon after). I was the chair of Parent Network. I've seen the campus grow, and while I'm all for progress, I miss the special feeling of the main quad, the campus school and yes, even the coops!

I retired from teaching in 2007, and now work a few hours a week for an agency that provides early intervention services for very young children who have developmental deficits. I love it!
I have 3 biological children, and 3 stepchildren. My husband had custody of his 3, so we had an active household (and 4 in college at one time - how did we survive?) We are blessed with 9 grandkids, ranging form 5 months to 16 years of age... We do a lot of babysitting, and that's fine with us!

We spent about 5 days with Aulay & Shirley (Froman) MacRae last winter, at their home in Angel Fire, N.M. Shirl was my big sister, and we have kept that bond over the past 40+ years.
Would love to hear from others about what you've been up to...

Naomi, I'll never forget when you came back from seeing 'Fiddler' and raved about it. I have such a clear image of that day at the house... We were either in the living room or the chapter room.

Ah, memories! Well, for those of you who were there when I was the songleader, all I have to say is... "be on time for song practice, or I'll have to fine you :) (was that a quarter? ...it meant something in those days!)

Wishing you all good health, and the hopes that you have much for which to be thankful. Have a great holiday, and we'll talk again.

-Nina (Friedman) Lazar '66

No comments: