Sunday, September 27, 2009

Barbara Passmore

My husband Hunter and I visited Jean Valentine Ward '64 at Jean's house on Echo Lake in Boonville, New York on September 18th and 19th. See attached photo. We enjoyed boating around the lake, visiting the local canal museum and walking around the remains of a four lock system. Who knew there were so many canals besides the Erie.

I hoped to get apples, but the ones I really wanted, Northern Spy were not in yet. They make the best apple pie. I had to make a pie with the Cortlands I brought back with me. I put up six pints and still have half a box left. What was I thinking?

Since I'm on a roll here, I reconnected with Arleen Marcone Schatz '64 a couple of years ago. We are now meeting weekly at the Thistle in Glastonbury where we "stitch." Arleen has completed several projects including a needlepoint of her condo building. That inspired me to design a needlepoint of my house, which is still in progress after about three years. I keep plodding along....

I correspond with Mary Terp Jankowski '64 and it was actually Mary's visit here a few years back that initiated the reconnection with Arleen. We were sitting around reminiscing and decided to try and find Arleen. Surprise, surprise we were successful.

I have enjoyed the yearly reunions, but will be unable to attend this year. Hunter and I are off to South Africa for two weeks.

Yours in Theta,
Barbara Passmore '64

No comments: