Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carleen Schneider Wald

To all Theta Sisters especially the Class of 1968,

It breaks my heart, but I am going to miss the reunion by hours. Gary and I have to be in Baltimore for a major family event on Friday the 16th. After a breakfast Saturday we start driving north to New York and New Paltz. We plan to spend most of the week in the area visiting friends, relatives and old haunts. The following weekend is my high school reunion in Vestal. We drive to Albany on Sunday and return home to Chicago from Albany.

Gary, my husband is a native Californian. We met at Otto's Bar, Latham Circle, Troy, NY in 1970. He was on a 9 mos. triaining program from Chicago with GE Schnectady. We met at the beginning of the program and were married 9mos. later. We moved to Chicago and have been here ever since. We call it comprmise, but truthfully we love it here. We do love to go back east to visit and we are also exploring places to retire. Did I mention we have a truly midwestern 24 year old son named after his father?

Hoping to be able to visit with some of you who are in the area. My email address is carleenwald@comcast.net or waldgw@att.net.
Last year I went to the reunion with Susan Kramer and it was very special. I hope everyone goes this year and sings "There's a Long long LIne of Thetas".

A very special thank you to the dedicated group of Thetas who started the reunions and all of you who continue to work hard to keep Thetas connected.

Love in Theta,
Carleen Schneider Wald '68

No comments: