Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nina Friedman Lazar

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to write and wish you all a fun-filled reunion… I try to attend each year, but sometimes ‘life’ gets in the way of other plans. This year I won’t be able to be there, and I’m very disappointed! Previous plans were in place for months before receiving the information for the luncheon date. I’ll be up in the Berkshires with family. My husband and I closed on our ‘getaway home’ in June, and are truly blessed to be living our retirement dream.

I loved reconnecting with those at my table at last year’s reunion. Carleen reminded me of some special times we shared, and I was delighted to hear that I ‘had her back’ during pledging. I had forgotten, but apparently it meant a great deal to her – and that made me smile!

Life is busier than ever – I still do some work with the Early Intervention Program in NJ. We service ‘at risk’ babies/toddlers up to the age of 3 years, and then they enter the public school system. I’m also busily blessed to have 9 grandchildren, who keep my husband and me ‘hopping.’ They are great motivators for keeping that ‘spring in our step.’

I’ve continued my connection with Shirley Froman MacRae (my big sister – class of ’65). She lives in Texas and New Mex., and I’m in NJ, but we manage to see each other about once a year. We write and talk throughout the year. Recently I wrote to Ann Guthman, whom I knew way before New Paltz. She lived in the apartment just above ours, and entered college 2 years after I did. I had no idea that she was attending until she showed up at one of our Teas one evening. Via e-mail we reminisced a bit, and hopefully we’ll connect again in the near future.

For those who are begin the New Year, I wish you a sweet, happy, healthy and peace-filled year ahead. And to all sisters, I wish miles of smiles and a wonderful luncheon. If no songleader is amongst you this year, just sing from your hearts, and I’ll be listening for you :-).

Here’s to memories and sisterhood…

Nina (Friedman) Lazar

No comments: